Sunday, May 29, 2011

BIG BOY BED TIME!

It was time. Once I realized he could lift his leg over the top of the crib, I wasn't willing to risk him flinging himself out of it and breaking his neck. I know, I know. Boys will be boys. But overprotective mamas will be overprotective mamas, too. Anyway, here he is helping Daddy replace the front of the crib with the toddler rail.
Maiden voyage in the big boy bed...looking promising!
One little monkey jumping on the bed!
Now for all the animals...
By now, Vinny has been in his big boy bed for two whole weeks, and he loves it! He loves to have all his little animal buddies in there with him, especially ducky, husky, and his blankee. Vinny can open doors now, so when he wakes in the morning he walks across the loft and into our room to let me know he's up. Whereas before he'd just hang out in his crib and sing or talk to himself for a good long time, completely content. But now, once he is up, he is well, up, and it's early. But I've been able to sneak in a few more winks by pulling him up into our bed and he just snuggles right up with me. Not going to lie, I love it. Turns out, once a cuddler, always a cuddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Got the Cutest Little Baby Face: First 2 Months

Vincent's First Few Days at Home

Vincent Joseph is Born

Murphy and Lucy