Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Welcome Baby Vincent!

Vincent Joseph Mandrola was born Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:45 am. He weighed 7 pounds 0 ounces and was 21 and 3/4 inches long. Well, here he is! Vincent has finally arrived. I wish I had something more prolific to say, but if I'm being honest, I just can't find the right words to describe just how perfect and amazing Vincent is. No words seem to match up to the grandure of our feelings. Going from no baby to baby has been surreal and wonderful. If I were playing that game where you say the first thing that pops in your mind, I would choose words like miracle, blessing, lucky, in love, happy, sweet, perfect, tiny, busy. Here are a bunch of pictures from our stay in the hospital. We had wonderful care, from triage, to labor and delivery to recovery. We were admitted right after my routine OB check-up on Tuesday evening because of my elevated blood pressure. Long story short, I was put on magnesium and an epidural, and did not start pushing until Thursday morning at 4 am. Tara and Jerri got me through delivery and helped Anthony become the best coach ever. 2 hours and 45 minutes later, Vincent Joseph Mandrola made his appearance with the help of Dr. Sawyer, the best OB ever. It was a rough delivery, but all worth it! He was wonderful. Once I was moved to recovery, Yulia, Debra, Kara, and Michelle took good care of all of us. We stayed in the hospital until Saturday afternoon. Vincent got to watch his first UCONN basketball games right there in hospital! All is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Got the Cutest Little Baby Face: First 2 Months

Vincent's First Few Days at Home

Vincent Joseph is Born

Murphy and Lucy