Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 Months and Back to School


All ready to go!
Well, this has been a busy month.  The biggest change was going back to work.  It was hard the first couple mornings to say good bye to Vince, but once I was at school, there was no time to be sad.  That the great thing about teaching - the day flies by!  I only work every other week, too, so that has already felt like a weight lifted off my heart.  Vince is doing so well with the babysitter across the street, and of course he loves going to Mommo and Boppo's every other Thursday.  Anthony is finding it harder than he expected to work from home on Fridays.  Coffee breaks have turned into feeding, changing, playing breaks.  But it is all worth it.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to stay home with Vince without giving up my career.  Oh, who am I kidding?  What's nice is getting a paycheck again!   It may not be much, especially now, but hey!  Every penny counts!  I had to laugh when I made a trip to Target soon after I received my first paycheck to spend money on something other than diapers and formula for the first time all summer.  WooHoo!  It felt like a shopping spree!

Having fun with Mommo and Boppo!


Mommy finally caught a smile in the pool!
So of course, just as I started back to school, Vincent started to become REALLY fun!  That makes it especially hard to leave him in the mornings.  He has become so animated.  He smiles and giggles and laughs all the time.  I've even been witness to his squealing a couple times.  He founds his feet and toes, so if there isn't a toy or pair of glasses to grab, his toes are never far away!

Vincent is rolling over like crazy, too.  No sooner do we lay him on his back that he rolls right over to his tummy.  You'd think he'd like being on his tummy, but he still gets frustrated and needs help.  But he does lift himself up onto his elbows quite easily now.  He's also trying so hard to sit up on his own!  Anthony and I wish we had that kind of core strength!






I love this picture for many reasons.  Murphy and Lucy are becoming more and more protective of the little boy, and are never too far away.  This morning, Murphy got cozy while Vincent napped in his bouncey chair.  So sweet.  Another reason I love this picture is how much it reminds me of my grandmother.  Memere always loved being under covers, no matter how hot it was outside.  I remember her big comforter that she repaired time and time again because it was her favorite.  Well, this is proof that she is watching over us.  Vincent loves loves loves his fuzzy blankets, too.  Here we are in the middle of the desert-it's 110 degrees outside!  But inside, in the cool air conditioning, nothing feels better to Vincent than a cozy blanket to snuggle up with.  He fights sleep, tossing and turning, until he gets a hold of his blanket.  He pulls it right up to his cheek and he goes light out.  I am so glad we've got ourselves a snuggler! As long as he'll let me I'll rock him to sleep.  No problem with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Got the Cutest Little Baby Face: First 2 Months

Vincent's First Few Days at Home

Vincent Joseph is Born

Murphy and Lucy