Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting Ready For Baby

Anthony and I are fortunate to live close by to Bill and Joan, and Tom, Weez, James, and Justin. But living so far away from the rest of our family and friends can be hard. There is so much so share with you all and sometimes it's hard to keep up. So a friend of mine with an incredible blog inspired me to create one of our own. She said it's "so easy," and I am here to tell you it is not! But I try, none-the-less! I hope this blog helps to keep us connected, especially when the baby arrives. I hope to get better at this and upload pictures and updates as often as I can. We know how much everyone has prayed for us and our baby, and we want to share all the good news with you.

We have been so busy lately cleaning our closets, rearranging and organizing. Nesting, so I'm told. Another friend of mine told me about detailing her washing machine with a q-tip during the last few weeks of her pregnancy. Not sure I'll ever feel the need to be that ready for baby, but looking into the bare linen closet and shelves I cleared out and imagining them filled with baby blankets and clothes does make me smile. Bill has the room all painted, and yesterday Ant bought the chair rail and ceiling fan to install today. By the end of the week, the nursery should be looking good. Getting ready to start the mountain of laundry we've already accumulated. Already feeling like a bad mommy because I went with Tide Free over the crazy expensive Dreft.

I'm feeling really great, despite all the little quirks that pregnancy has. I have developed carpal tunnel in both of my hands, so I have pins and needles in my fingers all the time. No pain though. Writing, typing, and picking up small objects have become quite the challenge. My ankles are taking on a whole new shape as well. Anthony has me on the juice-watermelon, celery, and carrot to be specific-don't knock it till you've tried it-pretty good actually. It has helped reduce the swelling, but it keeps me up all night! What happened to my teacher bladder of steel?

And so now the belly...it's officially big! No one wonders "is she or isn't she" anymore! Getting up and bending over has become a challenge.

The baby is kicking and moving a TON! It is amazing! It makes me laugh all the time. My students are convinced it's a boy because it kicks so much. Bradley told me he thinks it's a boy because boys are really good at kicking footballs. I told him that would make Mr. Mandrola very happy to hear! Other than being able to afford all the things that babies need, Anthony's next biggest concern is how fast we can put a ball in the baby's hands.

So, my next task is to figure out how to upload pictures to these posts. Next time I hope to have pictures of the belly and the nursery for you to see. Only eight more weeks to go!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Amy. The pictures and the words are great. We can't wait to see the belly pictures. I can't believe it's only 53 more days. Love, Louisville Mandrolas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the one who said "it's so easy?" Maybe now that i have the hang of it ... and it will get so once you do it more and more ... looks wonderful so far!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the Tide, Kady's pediatrician told Marisa that it was fine to use for baby.

    ReplyDelete

He's Got the Cutest Little Baby Face: First 2 Months

Vincent's First Few Days at Home

Vincent Joseph is Born

Murphy and Lucy